Red Shoulder Hawk

Red Shoulder Hawk

Friday, September 01, 2006

Garbage in a dumpster

Okay, look at the things I did and made at the http://wardroberefashion.blogspot.com/ blog because it is kind of fun.

Today was the best day! Rather like yesterday and tuesday, actually. Today was the best day because my Andy made a little house at school. Home sweet home, the childcare center on campus, was getting rid of ten thousand things- felt, pictures, envelopes, cots, tables, chairs, dolls, and a sculpture labed uncle ned.






The tarp was so hard to put up! Andy couldn't, so I spent last period working on it. I looped the tarp rings onto the chain link fence and tied dowels to a stick and a pole and put the opposite side tarp loops onto the dowels. But the sticks wouldn't stay steady in the gravel so I got an empty paint can, a filing cabinet drawer, and some big asphalt chunks.

I also made a little gnome for the fort's garden- one of the monster dolls was facedown in some gray exterior paint and so I picked him up by the ankle and dipped him in the paint bucket. The historical precedent went very badly, but I really didn't want smelly gray paint on my hands, so I compromised by dipping a stick in the paint and painting his foot.

I love forts. I think it would be pretty fun to be a squatter, not long term but for a semester or a summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment