Red Shoulder Hawk

Red Shoulder Hawk

Monday, July 11, 2005

Yippee!
aaahhhhh....


The Sparrow #271 has a new home! My home! Thank you Xena for deciding that this one-person car served an island-based transport need, thank you Ed Thorpe for pre-flighting it with me, thanks Jim Begier for patiently waiting while I got the financing arranged... and arranged (the first financing failed; CapitalOne bounced me out because the Sparrow has no Kelly Blue Book entry), and thanks Nicole of the Alameda Credit Union for helping me get this amazing little transport pod! That's Nicole posing with me (and my newsed car!) out front of her work. I've always liked credit unions, and Alameda's got a great one. If you live or work in Alameda, check them out next time you're looking for a car loan.

Driving home from the dealership was a piece of cake. The vehicle is a bit noisy under acceleration, so I'll check in to that and see how normal it is or isn't. It goes 50 miles an hour quite well (that was along the marsh, Doolittle/Otis drive). I did get one "hello!" honk and at Santa Clara and High Street, this from a small boy and his dad:

"Whoa! Dad! Lookit that car! It's really cool!"

"Yes, it is a cool car," said the dad, and smiles were exchanged all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment