Red Shoulder Hawk

Red Shoulder Hawk

Monday, June 09, 2008

Garden Committee Meeting


"I could never 'do' co-housing," a friend of mine tells me. "All those meetings would make me crazy."

I can see that. Except, when I go to a meeting, it's with people I like, and so it's an excuse to spend a little time with them.

I tend to avoid the "business" meetings. I want to get stuff done. I love being on the Garden Committee. We get stuff done. For example:

"The chicken coop has to move before the Solstice Party."

"Do we have the authority to move it?"

"I say we give ourselves the authority."

"What about, we tentatively give ourselves authority to make changes in the yard that aren't permanent, and we report to the larger community the changes we make. For other things that could be seen as capital improvements, we come up with suggestions and then get the whole community's input and buy-in."

At this point the seat under my butt starts feeling like it's growing hedgehog quills, but the motion passes, and then we get up and carry the coop over to the other side of the yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment