Red Shoulder Hawk

Red Shoulder Hawk

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Hey, it's 6:30 am.

Since I've become mildly addicted to watching the totals in my bank accounts rise, I have not had very much morning time to write online or eat breakfast or take showers, but today my morning was jump started courtesy of cat piss. I've lost track of how many times, exactly, the cat or the other cat has peed on my things, but it is probably between five and ten.

I woke up at 5:53 to find that my legs and blankets were wet and smelled like cat pee. Unlike other mornings, when I am too tired to realize that I am lying to myself in order to stay in bed("It isn't morning because half of the pacific is still outside this teacup." Firts things first.) there was no real way to avoid getting up and doing a bit of laundry and cat disciplining and showering. And by "disciplining" I mean "torturing" because for a cat the cause and effect of "pee in larger mammal's sleeping area" leading to "face being held in own pee" is apparently much too esoteric to have any effect.

Possibly not the most excellent start to my day, but to a girl who wakes up and is supposed to arrive at work at approximately the same time, it's a full 2 hours carved from nothing, and I think I might make banana bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment