Red Shoulder Hawk

Red Shoulder Hawk

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Our stories create reality

Abraham Lincoln re-cast the War of Secession as the War against Slavery in his Gettysberg Address. Caitlan had a habit of retelling events so that their meaning got changed, too. What story shall I tell myself about today?

What am I expecting to be different, now that Xena doesn't have 20 to 40 hours of schoolwork each week? How shall I cast the events of the past year, and the expectations of the coming months?

Today I did go to Kevin Bayuk's urban permaculture project, and I have some pics. He had some great input on the urban permie housing project. But then I took the rest of the day off. I face crushing deadlines, lots of obligations, why did my body demand some down time?

The story I will tell me is that I'm gathering for the leap; my haunches are winding, my springs contracting. I'll be encouraging my graduate wife to come home each night and allow some space in her life. We can release the push-so-hard habits of the past years, and adopt something gentler and more rewarding!

Ah, there's my expectation: that now things will be different, even better.

What am I doing to make that a possibility?

No comments:

Post a Comment