Red Shoulder Hawk

Red Shoulder Hawk

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Meet Abigail Puff

At the corner, I drove past three young men and a box that was clearly causing them some mystification. "Nothing to do with me," I thought. "They'll work out whatever that is, just fine without me." After my errand, I came home to this:

Caitlan says, "Daddy, a boy was at the front door. I didn't know if I should answer it or not, but I did, and do you know what he had? Do you know?..."
.
.
.
"A KITTEH!" she says through a rictus of excitement.

My brain pauses in its parsing of the words, and from her bedroom I hear a faint, high pitched "Mew!" just as the pieces click in.

"A kitten? You've done what?"


So, the Home of the Future is now home to a cat. Abigail Puff. She's very smart. She's the best kitty ever. She's the most perfect kitten ever to walk the planet.

Boy oh boy, did the cuteness quotient in my house go up. I haven't even told you about the puppies.

No comments:

Post a Comment