Red Shoulder Hawk

Red Shoulder Hawk

Saturday, February 03, 2007

I want super powers?

The Metro needs a new clutch. We knew this going in. However, I was told to expect a $375 job to replace it. I decided on my own that $600 would be acceptable.

I got a quote of $800.

You know, by now I should be used to everything in my world being more than twice as expensive as I figure, and 50% more than I can afford. Anyway, I took the car in to the Clutch Wizard, where they'll be doing the work for about $700.

I asked Nick about his homework.

"My backpack is in the car."

"The car is in the shop," I tell him.

"Oh!" He says. "Just like on Heroes!"

Sure, I think to myself. Except, I tell you what, if I had any of the powers the folks who are on the list have, I'd not be all trying to figure out my place in the world and trying to fit in. I'd be making my permaculture retrofit project work a lot faster and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment