Red Shoulder Hawk

Red Shoulder Hawk

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Seeing the future

This is a "putt-putt" car. I drew them extensively between the ages of 4 and 8. They filled the metropolises (metropoli?) I imagined. My cities were always filled with skyscrapers and parks, butterflies and gardens, color and open space, putt-putt cars and blimps.

Later imaginings included farmers with computers built into their combines, and community gatherings in which business people rubbed shoulders with farmers and school kids and they talked about what to do in their community to serve the larger world.


I noticed the Sparrow parked between the rainwater barrels and the future humanure outhouse, and realized that I've sort of known where I was headed even as a kindergardner.
So where's my blimp?

No comments:

Post a Comment