Red Shoulder Hawk

Red Shoulder Hawk

Monday, September 04, 2006

There's this door, see...

...it opens to a corner of myself that I really don't want to look at. What will my family think of me, if I open it, and explore this room? How will I change? Will we survive? Will our relationships survive? What will happen?

I've been avoiding this door, trying to find some way around it, for several years, now. But having grabbed hold of this Home of the Future dream, I find myself forced to grow into the person I am created to be. I don't know fully who that is. If I did, I'd skip over parts of the journey that hold too much risk. When I say "yes," I become more alive. This door opens to a room that I've been told leads only to misery. How often have I proved what I've been told, was only true for the person speaking it? God made me to find my own truths.

I've been looking for a route past this room that doesn't involve going through it. I don't know if I'm strong enough.

No comments: