Red Shoulder Hawk

Red Shoulder Hawk

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Of course it's raining

Xena was reminiscing that it has rained on us the last four times we've moved. It looks like this time will continue that trend. The time I remember best was moving up to Alameda. It rained on us in Costa Mesa as we were packing, and although driving 400 miles got us out of the storm, we unpacked in the middle of a cold snap. Heavy things shifting suddenly and crushing fingers in near-freezing weather made for an uncomfortable move. I don't think we ever fully unpacked that particular time.

We fully unpacked at this house. There's a bunch of stuff we haven't used in the last four years. Some of it is in the backyard, getting rained on. As much as I hate to do it, I suppose I'll be sending our worn things to the landfill. I simply don't have the carrying capacity to do it another way.

Please forgive me, future generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment