Red Shoulder Hawk

Red Shoulder Hawk

Friday, April 21, 2006

Next round of Permaculture classes

Heh, yeah, as if there's not enough going on already.

John Vanenzuela (I'll check spelling later) knows his plants! He very enthusiastically told us all about agri-forestry in Hawaii, where he lives and works. Sheet mulching, pit gardens, abandoned gardens that 50 years later are still productive... stuff that truly is "permanent agriculture."

In spite of my troubles, I got excited and began thinking about what sorts of agri-forestry I could do at the new house. I am really just laid bare about this right now. Is it just my wife's and my fear that keeps us back? I sure wish I knew how to spreadsheet out the choices that lay before me. I really just don't know what to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment