Red Shoulder Hawk

Red Shoulder Hawk

Thursday, March 02, 2006

HNT- Ash Wednesday Morrow


I often mention Spirit, while generally keeping religion out of my conversations. Today I risk a shift in what you think I'm about by sharing with you my Catholicism.

I'm a Vatican II cradle Catholic. I understand the role organized religion plays in the cosmic Spiritual Dance. I have taught catechists the dogmas of the Church, and I have endeavored to loosen those dogmas. The particular stripe of spirituality you wear is precious to me, and I rejoice to share this journey with you.

That's right: I'm not about to convert anyone. I'd be blessed to witness your celebration of your spirituality. All I want is for people to feel that whatever they hold dear, whatever calls them to grow and to be bigger today than they were yesterday, I cherish for, with, and through them.

No comments:

Post a Comment