Red Shoulder Hawk

Red Shoulder Hawk

Monday, August 15, 2005

Out of my head, friends pull me back.

My phone mail and email are filled with "Where are you, Bob?" messages. I went camping for the weekend; lots of fun stuff and some pics I'll put up after I get some work done. I must have needed a break more than I know, since I apparently scheduled a client meeting for Friday afternoon. Of course, the camping plan was to be on the road Friday afternoon. Why would I double book like that?

I really appreciated all the calls and emails. I tend to think of myself as a free-floating strand of seaweed bobbing along the ocean of daily life, not bothering anybody and not that critical to the world. So when I get an outpouring of concern it really anchors me and lets me know that what I do, how I do it, and who I am are all important to other people.

Thank you, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment