Red Shoulder Hawk

Red Shoulder Hawk

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Girl in yellow glasses-- Thanks, Jim!

As I showed Caitlan some of what I needed her to know so I'll allow her to drive the Sparrow, a man walked by. He'd seen me a few minutes earlier at Alameda Natural Grocery, and happened to walk by on his way home.

"Is that electric?"

"Yep."

"It's pretty neat."

"Your yellow sunglasses would go great with it!" said Caitlan. He took them off and looked at them. "Where did you get them?"

"At the dollar store."

"Cool, I can go look on my way home from school one afternoon," she said.

"Well, let me see what I can do," said the man. "I'm Jim, by the way."

"Hi, Jim!" we said. "Pleased to meet you!" We talked a bit more, and then he finished walking his groceries home. Alameda is getting more pedestrian friendly. The next day, the yellow glasses were in my mailbox, with a note: "For Robert and Caitlan, from Jim."

Thank you, Jim. I appreciate your generosity! Your yellow sunglasses make me look far cooler than I really am, in our yellow car. And on Caitlan, you can see the effect is perfection itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment