Red Shoulder Hawk

Red Shoulder Hawk

Monday, August 15, 2005

Cleaning within my means

We are doing a really awful job of cleaning up after ourselves. The van still has about half the camp stuff in it, the stuff in the house is about half put away. And here I am bloggin instead of working to clean it all up.

I spent my energy working with clients and setting up my next couple of days, instead of cleaning up. It's the economics problem of limited resources: where should I spend my time and energy?

What I want is bigger reserves of energy, so I can do more and live more. I've recovered a lifeskill practice. I'm "putting on joyfullness" with each breath. Everything in this world is like ashes compared against a good meditation. And yet, I'm here in the world, so why not see it in the same joyful spirit as I experience when deep in samadhi?

Can I find the key to living sustainably within my body's capacity? Am I like Lance Armstrong? Have I had busy-ness and hectic action excised from my spirit just as he had cancer excised from his body? Must I now allow the powerful rebuilding of my spirit? Am I poised to discover the joy of living an everyday life?

Before enlightenment, chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment, chop wood, carry water.

No comments:

Post a Comment