Red Shoulder Hawk

Red Shoulder Hawk

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

I asked for a sign...

So here I am, feeling like the gulf between where I am and where I want to be is unbridgeable. I have to get a vacuum cleaner bag so I can continue spring cleaning my room, but a quick check of the bank shows no money... and in fact, I'm going to be overdrawn due to the convergence of automatic payments and the checks I've written! And when exactly is my son's afternoon enrichment class? Can I do some errands before, or after I pick him up?

And Oh, God, why has all my enthusiasm for being in the world evaporated!? Give me a sign, so I know I can do what I'm supposed to do! And... the phone rings.

It's my friend Lisa (remember her? She bailed me out over the middle-school admissions thing?) and she's at school, calling to apologize because Nicholas is going to stay for the next session of enrichment, and is it okay if I pick him up at 5, instead of 4?

Thanks, God, I keep forgetting how much you are on my side. In fact, it's me who often isn't on my side. Okay, off to buy avacuum cleaner bag, and some rechargeable batteries, and recharge the overdrawn account with money I'd hoped to use for rent and/or groceries!

No comments:

Post a Comment