Red Shoulder Hawk

Red Shoulder Hawk

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Karl Keeps Me in Line


"Blog liar!"

Surprised, I turn away from making salad for a birthday dinner. "Uh?"

"Blog liar!" Karl repeats.

"What the heck are you talking about?" I ask (choruses of Blog liar! B'liar! erupted from the peanut gallery at this point).

"You made it sound like there was a pile of e-waste laying around. You didn't even mention that I took it to the free e-waste day at the school.

"In fact, they were really glad to see me! I think they'd had a much lighter turnout than they'd hoped for. So when I pulled up and asked for a cart, they all said, 'You need a cart!' I filled all three racks on that cart."

Xena jumps in: "He plays pretty loosely with time on his blog. Of course, he's not that anchored in time to begin with, so it's not like he's doing it on purpose."

Karl said, "Well, right, but you've got a responsibility to your readers. I get it that you wanted to make it personal, but you've got to be accurate."

So the facts are that some of our pile of e-waste was nearly three years old, and some of it was less than a year. We were hiding it under camouflage netting behind and between the rain storage barrels. Karl, God bless him, heard my pain about never finding a free e-waste event until it was over and kept his attention on finding one prior to its ending, and he and I loaded up his van and...

he made that pile go away.

Because sometimes there is "away."

No comments:

Post a Comment