Red Shoulder Hawk

Red Shoulder Hawk

Friday, August 29, 2008

Movie Night


I am recovering my real identity.

Lat night was gorgeous. Warm, gentle, a little muggy but not too bad.

Betsy and Xena were cooking in the kitchen, getting it hotter, and Abbers sat in attention on a chair enjoying the smells of curry and sweet and sour.

"Would it be fun to have a movie in the backyard, tonight? It's so lovely out this evening," I asked.

"That's a really good idea," said Betsy. "Especially if it starts soon so we can still get to bed at a reasonable time."

I tracked down the projection screen, and Nicholas lent his speakers. I got it all set up just as it got dark enough to not see what I was doing.

"A movie? Under the willow? Sounds great," said Jess, as I went around inviting the community.

We all giggled our way through The Royal Tannenbaums. I am so glad my life path is trending towards being more connected, so I don't have to undertake heroic measures at the end of my life the way Gene Hackman's character felt he needed to. Life is long, but there's no reason to wait for it to be full.

No comments:

Post a Comment