Red Shoulder Hawk

Red Shoulder Hawk

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Cold snap

Yusef and his handyman buddy installed a new furnace (central forced air heating) in this house about two months before I bought it. They did a poor job. The flue isn't vented properly, and heat only goes to the middle floor. Where the roommates live. I've already had a part break on it. Getting it vented properly is super high on my list.

We live on the ground floor. We've got area rugs over bare concrete. It's been below freezing the last two nights, and it's going to be that temp again tonight. We're using a pair of electric heaters to keep our rooms semi-comfortable. Our part of the house is staying near 60 degrees. I'm wearing a hat most of the time.

I am so thankful for a sheltered place for my family and me to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment