Red Shoulder Hawk

Red Shoulder Hawk

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Why the Permaculturists have already won.

Permies have that clique-ish but inclusive air of those who are waiting for everyone else to catch up to them. They abide in a place of goodness and light, of completeness, of sustainable activism. When I read Paul's letters, or better yet, John, I hear the same sort of invitation to discover a richer life for those who would say yes.

Today's Christians who might be waiting for God to save the world and remake it as Paradise might consider the parable of the Talents. When the Master returns home, he'll ask the Permies what they've done with their talents, and they'll say "See? We doubled them!"

Permies are already living lives that our future climate supports. They have the direct experience that they are going to be okay. They have already won.

(I think up stuff like this when I'm tired and doing repetitive chores like cleaning. I wonder what else I'll think of tonight?)

No comments:

Post a Comment