Red Shoulder Hawk

Red Shoulder Hawk

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Money in the nick of time

Here's the sort of thing that keeps happening:

I needed $2500 to cover the $5000 in deposit checks I wrote. I've been shifting money around on credit cards and through bank accounts, trying to look like I'm carrying less debt than I am, and yesterday was the last day to call or fold... and my best client made a commitment to buy a bunch of stuff from me. I put in the check today, and paid down two credit cards, and perhaps I made the cut-off for getting my credit re-scored favorably, and perhaps I didn't.

Before our time of institutionalized charity, in an era when monks travelled with their empty rice bowls, we are living in now, very much in the attitude of gratitude for the present and its gifts. I find that my "attachments" are falling away at an amazing rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment