Red Shoulder Hawk

Red Shoulder Hawk

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Jack hammers at 5 am!


Yet another water and infrastructure related post!? Yes! The water main broke on my street last night, and East Bay MUD's ever-rapid response repair team got right on it. I think the pressure is higher at night? They were working on it from about 3 am onward. At 5 am they started up the jack hammer. I managed to fall asleep, but what crazy dreams I had!

I've always been deeply appreciative of water that comes out of a faucet inside my house. Last night I went ahead and turned the tap when the water was off while they were working. To see nothing come out felt very odd, and I immediately got thirsty. Instead of going to our supply of earthquake water for a drink, I decided instead to go back to bed thirsty, in solidarity with those who do so all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment