Red Shoulder Hawk

Red Shoulder Hawk

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Why any of my efforts matter


As soon as the White House stops altering scientific reports, perhaps as a nation we'll step up and do something about the problems we are creating. As you've noticed, I'm not waiting.

What I want to know is why I've been created with this uncanny ability to see patterns, but so far I haven't had the capability to act on them (other than to dodge). I was part of the dawn of the computer graphics age, as an artist who used computers, but I didn't seem able to capitalize on that. So here I am, noticing that the earth is changing, and I feel like I have limited ability to act on that.

Anyway, go scare yourself. Play with the rising ocean levels from this map mashup. I've already determined that the house I want to buy is going to be high and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment