Red Shoulder Hawk

Red Shoulder Hawk

Friday, March 10, 2006

Make money with this blog?

A few w(eeks) ago Joe and I were talking about Google Adsense. He had some mixed results, so I've been contemplating this carefully. I decided no harm in trying, so I've signed up.

I might let it go after a bit.

My conflict is this: what is the role of money in my life? Where do I want it coming from? I have a very wise woman encouraging me to discover that money flows to us when we accept that we are worthy of abundance.

Am I worthy?

I have some of the simplest tastes of anyone I know. Am I warm? Does hot water come out of the faucet? Are there 10 pounds of potatoes in the pantry? Can I get a hug? Will you sit and read with me? If I have these things, I feel like the wealthiest man in the world. How does more money improve any of this?

When I was young, I railed against growing up. I spent most of each chapter of my life pining for that which had just passed, and fearful of the chapter that was coming. I finally gave that up... and being willing to explore what life would be life if I had more money feels very much like the choice to explore being more of a grown-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment