Red Shoulder Hawk

Red Shoulder Hawk

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Sustainability Sunday

I'd like to offer Blogland a venue to express what we do to save the world. From eating meat-free meals, walking instead of driving, attachment parenting practices, to writing a letter to the editor about the hydrogen economy fallacy, each of us do something each week that promotes harmony and helping humans to live within the earth's resource budget. Whether we save manatees or pupfish, whether we change one lightbulb to a compact flourescent or buy our car a tune-up, whether we spend a few minutes listening to a stranger or read a story to a child, each of us does something every week that makes the world a better place to be in.

I invite each of you to be part of Sustainability Sunday.

Check in to my blog Saturday evening, post a comment, and I'll find your blog and I'll add you to my blogroll. We'll be able to click around to each other's blogs to see and to celebrate together all the amazing ways sustainability shows up in our lives.

Because, who really knows what sustainability is, anyway? Is it bringing your own take-out containers with you before you go to a restaurant? Is it providing duck habitat during the rainy season in a flooded field? Is it considering each use of resources through the lens of how it will impact the seventh generation? Heck, I don't know. I only know what I do so far. I'd be thrilled to know what other people do, to help build paradise here on earth.

So come on out and play!

No comments:

Post a Comment