Red Shoulder Hawk

Red Shoulder Hawk

Saturday, October 15, 2005

I learn so much at parties.

We went to an impromptu birthday celebration for my friend Dannielle. A refrigerator magnet stopped my son from following his impulse to explore inside the icebox:

I *heart* MY PENIS

"I'm really bothered by this," he told us.

"Well, just put it back and leave it," said Dannielle's SO, Ron.

+++++

Five men in a kitchen will stand at the natural vertices of a testostagon.

+++++

You can be a Spiral while running with sparklers left over from the Fourth. You can also be a Sine Wave. Sine Waves run out of air, but bushes leap off the sidewalk and consume Spirals.

+++++

My son brought out I *heart* MY PENIS again, when more guests showed up. "I really don't like this," he said.

"Fine, then," I said. "Put it away and stop playing with it."

+++++

A Scorpio/Libra cusp is a Librorpio.

+++++

Trader Joe's triple chocolate Bundt cake is the elemental form of chocolate; its symbol on the periodic table is Ch. Even small quantities when consumed can alter the perception of color and sound.

+++++

Just because an Italian girl is friendly doesn't mean she wants to sleep with you.

+++++

Boys can't keep their clothes on.

+++++

Boys can't keep anyone's clothes on.

+++++

Bittersweet chocolate is like methadone.

+++++

I went into the kitchen to get a drink of water. I looked at the refrigerator. My son had taken care of the I *heart* MY PENIS magnet. He covered PENIS with a magnet of the great white whale, Moby Dick.

1 comment:

  1. In a quiet momnet, I talked this situation through with my son (a good friend suggested a course of inquiry).

    What did he hope to accomplish? What was the best possible outcome?

    I found it's just that my boy is still a very intensely private person about private parts. So we looked at how calling attention to the magnet made the whole situation even less private.

    He liked that I assured him that in the future, he could let me know if something he considers private bothers him and I would help identify what could be done to put him at ease.

    ReplyDelete