Red Shoulder Hawk

Red Shoulder Hawk

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Pieces of the transportation solutions

The Sparrow (or a NEV) was to be part two. A Jetta or Beetle running on biodiesel was to be part one. Part three has always been getting rid of or modifying our Nissan Quest. If you don't keep a Quest in good shape, they become gross polluters. In fact, Quests and Pathfinders are two of the models that are required to go to the more expensive Smog Check Only stations. I made a vow that last year was the final time I'd smog our Quest.

I've been looking for a CNG (compressed natural gas) converter. I can find kits online, but I want to pay someone to do the work for me. It's possible I've finally got a line on this possibility. The Oakland Airport won an environmental award for running shuttles and airport vehicles on CNG, so I've called over there and left a message with their environmental awareness genius.

The Sparrow went 15 miles over two days (with no recharge in between) on a 50% charge. Mileage is now 2783. I've already begun to spend far less time at the gas station (except I did drive over and do a lap around everyone pumping that toxic fossil fuel into their gas tanks-- an avtion which wasn't well received). Yesterday I took the Sparrow on back-to-back onsite jobs. That was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment