Red Shoulder Hawk

Red Shoulder Hawk

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Eric Strang

My dad and his work friends were some of the prototype "citizen engineers." They didn't know it at the time, but being able to both think critically and be socially ept marked them as part of a new breed.

Anyway, Eric Strang is the son of one of his friends. Eric is three months older than I, and our families were very close for many years. We lived in Costa Mesa, they lived in the Palisades in Santa Monica. Their house backed up to a canyon. We'd spend entire days visiting with each other.

I admired Eric beyond words. We started playing together as babies. He shares with Clayton Griffin the title of "honorary big brother." I heard through the grapevine that Eric once said of me, "When Bob figures out what he wants to do, whatever it is, he's going to get it done. Nothing will get in his way to keep him from making it happen."

Eric, I've figured out what I want to do. I'm saving the world by setting up a way for people to save themselves from consumerism in health and safety while honoring the planet's carrying capacity.

So Eric Strang, next time you Google your name, I hope this page comes up. Because I'd love to reestablish contact with you. You can find my email address over in my profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment