Red Shoulder Hawk

Red Shoulder Hawk

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Batteries, charging, range

That first day, driving 6 miles home from the dealership, the charge remaining dropped to 73%. That works out to a 22 mile range. To recondition the batteries, I've increased the miles a little more each day. Apparently lead-acids like to get cycled and stored on a full charge. Today I drove 15 miles (I left the island, too!) and have 54% charge remaining. That works out to a 32 mile range. Woohoo! I could drive down to the Insurance Office to show them the car! The Sparrow is supposed to have up to a 60 mile range, so let's see how close I can get to that.

Today was a Flex Your Power day in California. I'll charge up after I check the power grid status (there's a link right there in my links!)

No comments:

Post a Comment